The U.S. Travel Association launched a cross-country bus tour to raise awareness among membership and grasstops officials.
The 10-week tour traveled to 40 cities across the United States and included several local, regional, and national events of different sizes and scopes along the way.
HPS was retained to:
- Conduct local media outreach and event amplification for the overall tour and individual events
HPS provided staffers, led engagement efforts, and executed a digital amplification strategy. In this role, HPS:
- Represented the U.S. Travel Association for the duration of the tour and served as the tour’s liaison to stakeholders
- Led targeting and outreach to key local, regional, and national media and policy influencers for engagement at local events
- Executed a comprehensive digital amplification strategy, creating content for blogs, photo journals, and social media accounts
- Engaged stakeholders on digital platforms and coordinated content across multiple accounts
HPS’ social media engagement efforts reached over 6 million people during the 10-week tour.
- HPS created more than 40 unique blog posts shared on the U.S. Travel website, Facebook, Twitter, and among industry stakeholders.
- HPS also secured more than 50 individual TV, print, and radio stories in both local and national media outlets. The local advertising value generated in Salt Lake City alone was an estimated $17,000.